Ever wonder why whenever you see the Abominable Snowman he's always smiling and in such great shape? We did. As a result, when we ran into him at Afton State Park, we stopped and asked. His responses may be just what you need to overcome your dislike for going outside and being active when it's cold.
Top Seven Reasons the Abominable Snowman stays active outside in the winter:
- You get a better workout when it's cold outside because your body works harder to keep itself warm. Your body can also work harder, longer than when it's hot outside. Endurance athletes the winter is for you!
- It can put you in a better mood. Studies have shown that just 5-10 minutes outside can reduce stress levels.
- Getting outside in the winter can reduce the amount you and your family gets sick.
- It improves your energy levels and helps you sleep better. Winter's shorter and colder days can make us feel tired and sluggish. Getting outside can help counter that.
- Exercise can improve your memory and cognitive abilities. This can be beneficial to adults and school children.
- Improves balance and gross motor skills.
- Being outside in the winter is extremely beautiful and peaceful. Even trails you've hiked a hundred times in the other seasons have new sights, sounds, and smells to offer that many never experience.
Playing outside in the cold is good for the mind, body and soul. We encourage you to do as the Abdominal Snowman does and experience the benefits yourself.
Leave a comment